4h trading strategy forex


4 Hour Forex Trend Following Strategy With Moving Average.


Here’s a great versatile trading strategy that can be used to buy and sell trend reversals or to buy dips in an established up trend or sell rallies in an established down trend.


Indicators: 200 Period Exponential Moving Average, MAAngle with default settings.


Preferred time frame(s): 4 Hour.


Trading sessions: Any.


Preferred Currency pairs: Majors + Currency Crosses.


4H EUR/USD Chart: How to enter a trade?


As the above chart illustrates, go short at the open of the next bar when the price trades below the 200 EMA and MAAangle indicator bar color brown. On the contrary, go long at the open of the next bar when the price trades above the 200 EMA and MAAngle bar color green.


In an established up trend, go long when the MAAangle bar color changes from yellow or brown to GREEN (buy dips). In an established down trend, go short when the MAAangle bar color changes from yellow or green to BROWN (sell rallies). See trading example below for better understanding of the trading concept. Click the chart to enlarge.


Price above the 200 period moving average Wait for the MAAngle to change from brown or yellow to GREEN color.


Execute long trade! Place stop loss below the previous swing long or 1 pip below the 200 EMA.


Price objective: Risk X 1.5 or better (i. e risking 50 pips to make 75 pips)


Alternative take profit method: Take profit at the previous swing high level (resistance).


Price below the 200 period moving average Wait for the MAAngle to change from green or yellow to BROWN color.


Execute short trade! Place stop loss above the previous swing high or 1 pip above the 200 EMA.


Price objective: Risk X 1.5 or better (i. e risking 80 pips to make 120 pips)


Alternative take profit method: Take profit at the previous swing low level (support).


Related Posts.


Angle Bands Forex Trading Strategy.


Instantaneous Trend Forex Trading Strategy.


Average Directional Movement Index Rating (ADXR) Forex Strategy.


Advance Decline Line (ADL) Forex Strategy.


Leave a Reply:


Top Forex Trading Software.


Like Us On Facebook.


Download now all our forex systems, EA's, trading strategies and indicators 100% FREE for a limited time.


Copyright 2017 Dolphintrader.


Download The M1/M5 Forex Scalping Strategy Today!


This Incredible High Win Forex Scalping Strategy Will Trigger Only When There Is An Extremely High Chance Of A New Profitable Low Risk Trade To Take Place.


Up To 100 Pips Every Day Works on all forex pairs and Bitcoin! Low Risk Forex Scalping Works on M1, M5 and UP.


The Four-Hour Trader, A Full Trading Plan.


Price action and Macro.


Traders can implement a well-heeled plan taking only four hours per week The four-hour chart can be ideal for Forex Traders looking to trade around the clock We outline a full plan based around Price Action that traders can begin using today.


All of the sudden, the world has gotten very small; and life is moving faster than ever before.


The internet presents a lot of benefits to the human species; but time management is not one of them. As competition for page views, viewer numbers, and attendance continues to heat up, very little in this life emphasis a slow and steady approach.


But to the trader, in many cases, that is the best way to go about speculation in markets: Slow, steady, and consistent.


But being there as a trader, and getting there as a new speculator are completely different markets. In this article, we’re going to outline a complete trading plan that will take less than four hours of a trader’s time each week. And further, this is an approach that can be focused on longer-term moves, and swings.


If you have a day job, or any other pre-existing commitments that limits your time on charts, this is an approach that can offer quite a few benefits.


The Center of the Approach.


The 4-hour chart plays a special role in the FX market.


Most equity markets are open between 8 and 9 hours each day, and as such, the four-hour chart might take on less importance. After all, a four-hour chart just shows two bars for each trading session, so traders might as well just look at the daily chart.


But in the Forex market, the four-hour time frame takes on special importance. The market never closes, and traders are literally Trading the World . The four-hour candle represents half of each geographic trading session. Each of these sessions can take on markedly different tones, and that is where traders can look for potential opportunities.


In the FX Market, traders are truly ‘Trading the World’


Traders can use the price movements and gyrations on these four-hour charts to analyze markets, and find potential pockets of opportunity.


Watch for the close of each 4-hour candle that you can. Using the New York close to define ‘financial time’ means that we’re seeing candles close at 5, 9, and 1 AM and PM (based on ET). If you’re using Central Time, that’s 4, 8, and 12 AM/PM while Pacific Time is 2, 6, and 10 AM/PM.


If you’re busy at the time, Mobile Applications can generally offer you what you need to perform the analysis at the close of each of these candles.


Traders can then take a ten-minute block of time upon the close of each of these four-hour candles to look for potential trade setups, while also using this as an opportunity to manage risk.


If the trader is awake for four of the six four-hour candles that form each day that would mean that the trader would need approximately 40 minutes per day to analyze charts. If time permits, an additional 10-15 minutes can be used at or around the daily close.


The total time commitment required is 40-50 minutes each day, for a total of 200-250 minutes per week (240 minutes is 4 hours).


Use Price Action to locate the strongest trends.


Trends in markets can be easily graded and seen with price action… by simply looking for charts to make progressively higher-highs, and higher-lows (in the case of an uptrend), and lower-lows, and lower-highs (for downtrends).


Price Action can help traders locate the strongest trends.


Higher-highs and Higher-lows denote an up-trend per Price Action.


In the article Price Action, an Introduction we look at a way that traders can grade trends without the use of any indicator at all, using just past prices.


Traders want to look to trade in the direction of these trends; buying up-trends, and selling down-trends. But, is it enough to just buy up-trends or sell down-trends and ‘hope’ that they continue? No. Traders can use price action to appropriate their entries into these positions.


Use Price Action to buy up-trends cheaply, and sell down-trends expensively.


Once a strong trend has been located, the trader can then look to plot their entry by looking for a ‘trigger’ into the position via price action.


Once again, traders want to look to efficiently buy up-trends when price is cheap, or near support. We looked at how traders can find this support in the article, Price Action Swings .


Traders can look to buy up-trends after a recent swing low.


Traders buying up-trends can wait for a ‘higher’ swing low to form before entering.


Traders can look for additional confirmation of the entry by looking to the price action candles that form at or around those swings.


We looked at quite a few of these triggers in Trading Bearish Reversals (for down-trends) , and The Hammer Trigger for Bullish Reversals (for up-trends).


Traders can look for bullish triggers at or around recently printed new lows.


Use Stops and Limits to Enforce Favorable Risk-Reward Ratios.


We talk about this a lot at DailyFX, and there is a reason for it: It’s important!


One of the main premises of our price action education is that future prices are unpredictable, and as such, there is no such thing as a ‘holy grail’ or ‘can’t lose’ strategy.


By adding a stop and limit, and letting the trade work – the trader eliminates the possibility of making a knee-jerk reaction that they may end up regretting. It also enforces a favorable risk-reward ratio, and puts traders in the most promising spot to avoid the number one mistake that Forex traders make.


Since traders are looking at their charts for each four-hour bar, they have built-in trade management for each position that they take on.


Traders can use the close of each four-hour candle as an opportunity to adjust stops ( particularly the break-even stop ), or to take profits while also looking to trigger new positions.


Traders can take this a step further by trailing their stop in an effort to lock in gains in the event that the trend gets especially built-in. We looked at this premise in Trading Trends by Trailing Stops with Price Swings.


Traders can lock up gains to maximize trends.


Created by James Stanley.


-- Written by James Stanley.


James is available on Twitter JStanleyFX.


To join James Stanley’s distribution list, please click here .


DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.


Upcoming Events.


Forex Economic Calendar.


Past performance is no indication of future results.


DailyFX is the news and education website of IG Group.


Tag: 4h Trading Strategy Forex.


Bitcoin Fork – Where Should I Invest?


As of writing this, Bitcoin (BTC) has reached yet another all time high. Crazy right?


Where is all this new money coming from?


Where will it go if Bitcoin tanks?


Should I sell my BTC and invest elsewhere, or are we heading to the Lambo shop on the moon?


What do I do if it goes up/down/sideways?


What will happen with this incoming Bitcoin fork?


These are the questions that are most likely going through everyones minds right now. I know my mind has been diving down rabbit holes of twisted forks of possibilities that resemble something like a graphic on the science channel of what an alternate universe looks like.


Let’s break this down for a second into its most simplistic form.


Bitcoin can either go UP or DOWN . Some may argue that there’s a third option (sideways) but the hard reality is that the only change in the market is UP and DOWN. There are only 2 mindsets we can choose from here (bullish and bearish), and the only way to decide, is to look at other facts surrounding the market. The incoming hard Bitcoin fork on October 25, Bitcoin will split yet again, and create BitcoinGold (BTG).Lets rewind a couple of months. In early August, there was a hard Bitcoin fork that created Bitcoin Cash (BCC). If we look at what happened around that time, we can begin to understand why Bitcoin is incredibly bullish right now, and we may also understand what may happen after this hard fork.


Prior to the hard fork in August, BTC plummeted from a recent all time high of $3000 to $1800. This was a dip of around 40%. It made sense at the time. Traders were uncertain of what the fork might bring. Would Bitcoin cash become the new digital Gold, leaving BTC worthless, or would we find that Bitcoin would strengthen and continue its upward trend? What happened next was euphoric and left investors stunned. BTC crashed predictions and rose to new all time highs of $5000.


Investors have now been warned of another fork, and yet another currency to be created out of thin air. В They’re taking advantage of this, and are hoping that similar results will present themselves. Everyone with holdings of altcoins have sold and are now holding bitcoin. The supply is struggling to reach the demand , and of course – the price reflects this. Alt coins are struggling and Bitcoin is booming. Better yet – anyone who holds BTC will gain some FREE Bitcoin Gold! How awesome. Poof, Billions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency is seemingly just zapped into the market. Based on previous events. What is the likelihood of the bullish trend continuing?


Personally, I’d say slim to none. The market is due a correction of 25-30% .


This fork will be the exact opposite of the last fork, and market shorters are going to be loading up.


As the fork initiates, BTC will start to see a bearish turn as investors take their profits and invest in the now cheap alt-coins. Lazy long investors are going to lose their profits, shorters are going to profit, traders will take advantage of the volatile daily markets, and life will continue to go on.


What do I think?


With all these points in mind, I’ll be removing myself from the emotions that toy with the logical thoughts I need to hold as a trader, and take advantage of the now cheap alt-coin market. One thing is for sure, and that is CHANGE. The markets WILL CHANGE . I’m just taking the best odds of making sure I’m on the winning side.


Which side of the market will you be on?


Check out my Youtube channel.


Stay tuned for my next post on what alt coins I’m investing in!


The 10 Best Forex Strategies.


Looking for the best forex trading strategy? Your search is over. Here’s the best I’ve found in over 10 years of trading, trialling and researching…TOTALLY FREE!


FREE FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES.


When it comes to selecting strategies to trade, you have the choice between buying one off-the-shelf or trawling the Internet for freebies. The trouble with free forex trading strategies is that they are usually worth about as much as you pay for them. They haven’t been tested, and there is little evidence of their reliability.


The strategies covered here on the other hand, are ones that either I or successful traders I know have used in a consistently profitable fashion…


N. B. not all of the following strategies are equal in all markets. Some perform better than others, and each individual trader will find some strategies more suitable for them to trade than others.


Rushed for time? Click here to get the 10 Best Forex Strategies sent to you, starting now!


#1: The Bladerunner Trade.


The Bladerunner is an exceptionally good EMA crossover strategy , suitable across all timeframes and currency pairs. It is a trending strategy that tries to pick breakouts from a continuation and trade the retests.


#2: Daily Fibonacci Pivot Trade.


Fibonacci Pivot Trades combine Fibonacci retracements and extensions with daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly pivots. The emphasis in the discussion here is on using these combinations with daily pivots only, but the idea can easily be extended to longer timeframes incorporating any combination of pivots.


#3: Bolly Band Bounce Trade.


The Bolly Band Bounce Trade is perfect in a ranging market . Many traders use it in combination with confirming signals, to great effect. If Bollinger Bands appeal to you, this one is well worth a look.


#4: Forex Dual Stochastic Trade.


The Dual Stochastic Trade users two stochastics – one slow and one fast – in combination to pick areas where price is trending but overextended in a short term retracement, and about to snap back into a continuation of the trend.


#5: Forex Overlapping Fibonacci Trade.


Overlapping Fibonacci trades are the favourites of some traders I have known. If used on their own, their reliability can be a little lower than some of the other strategies, but if you use them in conjunction with appropriate confirming signals, they can be extremely accurate.


#6: London Hammer Trade.


The extra volatility you get when London opens presents some unique opportunities. The London Hammer Trade is my take on an attempt to capitalise on these opportunities. Especially effective during the London session, it can be used at any time when price is likely to be taking off strongly in one direction, and possibly reversing from an area of support/resistance just as strongly.


#7: The Bladerunner Reversal.


As mentioned above, the Bladerunner is a trend following strategy. The Bladerunner reversal just as effectively picks entries from situations where the trend reverses and price begins to trade on the other side of the EMA’s.


#8: The Pop ‘n’ Stop Trade.


If you’ve ever tried to chase price when it bounds away to the upside, only to suffer the inevitable loss when it just as quickly reverses, you will want the secret of the pop and stop trade in your trader’s arsenal. There is a simple trick to determining whether or not price will continue in the direction of the breakout, and you must know it in order to profit from these situations.


#9: The Drop ‘n’ Stop Trade.


The flip side of the pop and stop, this strategy trades savage breakouts to the downside.


#10: Trading The Forex Fractal.


The forex fractal is not just a strategy but a concept of market fundamentals that you really need to know in order to understand what price is doing, why it is doing it, and who is making it move. This is the kind of inside info that took me years and many thousands of dollars to learn. It’s yours here for free , so make use of it 🙂 There are also several sites on the net offering free strategies . The problem with most of these sites is, as mentioned above, they just give a brief description of each strategy, with little real proof that they work. Consequently, there is a need for greater research on your part before using any of those strategies in your actual trading. Once you have selected a strategy from one of these sources you will of course need to thoroughly back test and forward test it. The various processes for this are covered in Forex Strategy Testing There are also several commercial systems to consider. Since these are more comprehensive than the simple strategies presented above, and thereby fall into the definition of Forex Trading System, they are dealt with separately in the following section, Forex Trading Systems.


i need best forex strategy.


You’re in the right place 😉


Seriously, to give a more definitive answer, I need to know more about what you’re looking for. Like, what time frame and time zone you will be trading, what kind of risk profile, what kind of trading appeals to you: scalping/short-term intraday/long-term etc.


hey there.. i m earning good but sumtym… as u know .. i have hard tyms too…


coz equity drops down to 40-50% …


need to have a simple strategy to earn 100 pips or 50 pips … in 2 3 pairs.


You could try any of these strategies, I suggest you just test them and adapt them to your needs. But I noticed two things in what you say that are absolutely red flags to me:


1) seriously, if your equity drops to half, you need to learn how to test strategies before you implement them on a real account. This statement is also indicative of the fact that you really don’t understand risk management, so do a search on that and study it.


2) your second statement about earning 100 or 50 pips makes no sense without stating how many pips you will be risking, not to mention the percentage of your account that will amount to. Again, read through the free stuff available on AuthenticFX and elsewhere to get schooled up in this.


Hope this helps,


Jamshaid Ahmed says.


Hey If you want a simple startegy then add me on your skype My Skype is jims78682.


Njabulo Buthelezi says.


Do you whatssap if you do plz 0769641839.


No sorry, I don’t. You can either ask questions publicly here, or contact me product through the contact form from the menu at the top of any page on the site.


Can i. pls telegram or wattsapp you. i really need a strategy. My wattsapp number is 0724284099.


Sorry, I’m not set up for wattsapp. I suggest you have a look at the 10 Best Strategies on the website. You can get them delivered, one per day, or download them as a PDF.


wich strategy do you use?


Hi Luis, as I say inthe comments above, my manual trading strategy is based around the Bladerunner, Bladerunner crossover, forex fractal and just plain old PRICE ACTION.


I am interested in Forex, but I need some help in how to go about trading, whens the right time etc.


I see you have joined the introduction to the Price Action Engine course, that’s a great start. As well, I’d encourage you to read widely across the site as there is a lot of free stuff you will find valuable. You can also join the other mailing lists for things like access to the members mailing list, and the intro to the candlesticks course mailing list. That will send you a ton of free information that I’m sure you will find useful.


Hi Khaled, it is not that, you have a good Strategy. We need to follow Discipline and Strict Money Management policies. So, by finding a good strategy, and following above principles, we can good consistence results.


A breakout is the point at which the market showcase moves past the limits of its union, to new highs or lows. At the point when another pattern happens, a breakout must happen first.


Breakouts are, thusly, seen as potential flags that another pattern has started.


In any case, the inconvenience is, not all breakouts result in new patterns. In Forex, even such basic methodology must consider chance administration. Thusly, you look to limit your misfortunes amid the pattern separate.


Please I’d like to know the best strategy for trading on a 4-hour timeframe, GMT+1 timezone, and $100 portfolio. Thanks.


Really, you could adjust many of the strategies shown here to that timeframe, time zone. The size of the portfolio is fairly irrelevant, unless you’re expecting to make big bucks out of $100, which is certainly won’t. Probably best to start off on a demo anyway, and play around with strategies like the Bladerunner.


I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE STRATEGY WORKING ON DAILY TIME FRAME.


SHORT AND LONG TERM.


HOPE U COULD HELP.


AMD, see my reply to Victor above, same applies I believe.


I would like to know if some of the above strategies has been tested and used on a 1 minute charts… i’m looking for a good strategy for scalping/short trade.


I haven’t personally used any strategy at all on a one minute chart, to the extent that I could say I have back tested it. You’d have to give that a try yourself. If you’re looking for a good scalping strategy and you are able to trade around the time of the London close, I suggest doing a search on this site for my review of the London Close Strategy by Shirley Hudson and Vic Noble.


Good luck with it!


Hey! Somebody in my Myspace group shared this web-site with us so I came to take a look. I’m certainly enjoying the knowledge. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great weblog and exceptional layout and type.


Thanks Cassie, Glad you are enjoying AuthenticFX.


Hi Enron, many thanks to your forex blog best 10 strategy. I hope you won’t mind if i would ask you about parameter on each strategy. I’m new to forex and i would like to test the strategy. THanks.


Hello Ranx, you’ll need to be more specific if I’m to help you. Which strategy were you going to start on, and which parameters were you in doubt about? Keep in mind that there is only a certain amount of information I can fit into a blog post: to cover every parameter over every timeframe, every forex session etc. would require an entire course, and I’m unable to provide such at present.


Trader G Shari says.


Thanks for the 10 strategies. I’ve been working on developing a strategy which is; indicator free, timeframe free, news free, support resistance free, works all time, keeps you away from noise and consistently predicts market more than 80% . Please check it out also 🙂


Thanks for the feedback. I checked out your strategy, which sounds interesting. The only thing is that your performance page doesn’t really give verified statistics, which I personally would like to see in order to backup a statement like 82.5% win rate.


Hey there! I have been reading a lot of strategies these last few months and I’ve started the Forex Pro practice account to get familiar with strategies and reactions. I configure all my charts with boll bands at 15 minutes. What I’ve been doing is paying attention to bottlenecks and placing horizontal support and resistance lines at each trade to chase an objective and to avoid losing too much, the thing is that till now I’ve haven’t had much success, I’m believing that support and resistance lines don’t act very well in a 15 min term. I’ve also activated alerts with CCI RSI long/short of strategy center because back tested shows a good accuracy in starting points and I’ve seen that using some technical analysis to know where to set the goal, it can be very fruitful, but haven’t had much success =(, any suggestons? my zone is mountain time (-7) Best regards!


Hi, welcome to AuthenticFX.


I think support and resistance lines actually do act very well on any timeframe, but you have to realise that depending on things like current liquidity in the market, time of day, news announcements and so on, price can just go charging through such levels at any time. It’s not wise to just trade at those levels without having a confluence of factors pointing to them being a point where price is highly likely to react.


You’ve given me a few details of how you are trading but really, without a clear and thorough understanding of just what you’re doing I really can’t advise with respect to your current strategy.


It’s good that you’re aware of your time zone, and you should always factor that into your trading: what scheduled news announcements occur around that time, what is the general liquidity in the currency pairs your trading likely to be during the time of day that you will be trading and so on.


I know it’s a bit of a shameless plug for the site, but I would suggest that you have a look at the 10 best forex strategies we cover here. Read through them to get a general understanding, and perhaps choose one or two that you like and try trading them on a demo account. As with all strategies/systems/ideas, you will have to adapt them to your own unique circumstances, but they are a good place to start.


Hope this helps, feel free to follow-up with more questions 🙂


plz give me yr best stratergy ,


My best strategy will be different to your best strategy, so I really don’t see the point. Everything I teach on the site revolves around a trader investigating strategies that may or may not be a good fit for them personally, finding one (or several) that seem to be a good fit, and then live testing them to verify that they are a good fit. It all depends on your time zone, hours available to trade, risk profile and so on.


My manual trading strategy, for what it’s worth, is based roughly around a fusion of the Bladerunner, Bladerunner crossover, forex fractal and just plain old PRICE ACTION.


Hope this helps,


Please send me info on your strategy that’s correct about 80% of the time. Thank you.


it’s not my sttrategy, if it’s the one I think you’re referring to. It’s the London Close Strategy:


Where is UA strategy I back test it.


Trader G Shari says.


Thanks for addressing about performance. As i am just getting started, Performance section will be updated with time, also i will launch my free book on Forex trading, which will be a Gem in nature, in near future. Also future videos which will be posted on my YouTube channel, will include live trading videos. The strategy works on price movement along y axis. There is a certain thing happens when price moves in either direction, and this thing happens as many times as you can see the yellow ticks in performance section images, it doesn’t matter weather one takes the trade or sit aside, that thing is happening, it has happened before and is still happening, and its all over charts, yet again i have recordings of live trades which will be posted soon. Selling this strategy was never a plan, but i have another project, a Trust Eye Hospital where i will be providing laser eye treatment to general public for free. 80% of revenue generated by strategy sales is going directly to the trust funds. One thing i don’t have is time, So patience is virtue and subscribe to my YouTube Trader G Shari for future updates. Also to know about the release of my FREE book.


You certainly have a lot on your plate then! I wish you all the best with your endeavours 🙂


Donald King says.


Hi, Can you recommend a strategy to trade with? that can also be automated?


That’s an incredibly wide question LOL!


You really need to define your needs and current circumstances a lot more before I could give any kind of meaningful answer. As for automating strategies, I’m no longer much of a believer in this, although I continue to experiment with various prospects. For many years I’ve been trying to find an automated strategy that could be trusted to perform over the longer term, but failed. That’s why I am currently more interested in the idea of forex trading signals services: you still get the benefit of “making money while you sleep” without having to rely on unthinking automated software.


John Lewis says.


Hey Erron, thanks for this great list, i wanted to ask you: in your opinion what’s better, robot trading systems or manual strategy systems that you learn from mentors in the forex markets?


Hi, thanks for the compliment 🙂


In my experience there is simply no substitute for a manual system that is tailored to YOUR UNIQUE SITUATION. Almost impossible to achieve with automated trading, at least with respect to the fine-tuning aspects.


I would like a strategy that works for 15 min - 1hr time frames. My Portfoilo is $100. I usually trade around London but it would be nice to find one that works for the Asian session.


I’d suggest the Bladerunner/Bladerunner Reversal/London Hammer strategies to start with. Plentry for you in those applied to the times you want to trade.


I’m new to forex trading i just need a good advice..i’m at Pacific Time Vancouver B. C risking $250.


I’m a short trader, or i can go long as long as i get a good PIPS. I tried my best to look for patterns and drawing supports and resistance, however i still lose money..so i’m almost giving up but i really want to learn this thing! and hopefully make money soon. Please help..i’m also considering going to lessons if i have to.


You obviously haven’t had a look at the start here pages on this site, otherwise as a new trader you wouldn’t be risking real money yet. Please have a look at:


And then read everything else under the Start Here menu, to begin with. You must understand that you are at the very beginning of a long road, and success will not come quickly, especially if you try to run before you can walk. I would also suggest that if you want to spend money, don’t do it on trading as yet but on education, and for that you could try some of the courses at ForexMentor:


hope this helps, be patient!


I like the strategies listed but I didn’t really see much in the way of price action or using the news as a driver for movement. I’m a huge believer in both of these styles of trading and would encourage new traders learn a little bit about them.


I totally agree, which if you have time to read the rest of the site beyond this page you will quickly see. I always emphasise things like fundamentals, time of day, current market sentiment as well as raw price action. Selecting a trading strategy is like selecting a new car: the car can either get you from A to B or it can kill you, depending on how you drive it. How you drive it is largely dependent upon how well you pay attention to things like current conditions, risk management etc.


if your stratgies and knowledge is effective make money easy go what are you selling here instead. Are you a forex trader really!


Yes, I am. My About page is explanatory for those who read it.


My time zone is GMT + 5:30 and I am interested in short term intraday trading. I am a beginner, so I don’t know anything else to write about. I have been trading on the demo account, and I found forex trading very interesting. What kind of a strategy would be best for me and would also at the same time teach me a lot about the market? Your help is really appreciated.


I’d suggest you start by accessing the members area of AuthenticFX, which will also put you on a mailing list for a weekly mail out of the major posts from the past. Alternatively, you could have a look at the 10 Best Forex Trading Strategies course:


You are wise to be trading on demo account at this stage in your trading, and the only advice I can give you apart from that is to be patient and at this stage, pick up whatever you can have value from trusted resources.


Thanks for the contact, and best with it 🙂


i need strategy with highest win rate, any suggestion ? i dont care risk reward ratio.


The strategy with the highest win rate that I have heard of is the London Close Strategy:


Unfortunately for me the London close occurs when I’m sleeping, so I only traded this strategy for a relatively short period. However, I was very impressed with its accuracy. At the time its authors were claiming around 90% win rate, although I think that “baskets” particular trades.


Is there any decent auto traders that one can use? I’ve been looking at FAPTurbo but not sure I really want a bot managing my money. I’ve have my own basic strategy. I funded an account with $100 and it’s up to $500 in 4 months.


Not that I am aware of. The whole deal with forex robots has gotten pretty quiet in the last few years, particularly after the GFC struck. These days it seems, it’s just very very difficult to get consistency with them in such a volatile market. That said, I haven’t been keeping up with forex robots very much so maybe you will find something, but I don’t know of any.


Jack Smith says.


Nice Post Really like it.


Could you apply this to any currency?


Absolutely, but make sure you test first with the less liquid pairs.


Daniel Shaw says.


Great article. Trend trading is one of the most profitable and low risk trading strategy. I always trade with trends because once you follow a trend, the most chances are it will make you profits.


Every trader must apply a trend trading strategy at least sometimes.


Does anyone know anything about www dot forexsignal dot com – they have forex signals and not sure how they strategy works.


I’ve been given a task to get a chance to be interviewed for a little currency trading group. I would love to hear any suggestions, please, please, please .


I’ve been given following tasks:


1. Perform an intraday technical analysis (use 1-hour chart) on ANY FX pair you like.


2. Clearly state your entry level for any long/short positions you recommend.


3. State your stop loss and take profit levels for the position advised above.


4. In no more than 5-6 lines briefly describe/comment on the strategy you have followed for above position recommended.


PS I’m beginner, and is this doable in a week time, please. Thanks.


I don’t have the time, but someone else might like to take a crack at this.


Sorry can’t be more help, good luck…


I’ve been trading a while now and interested in trying out some of your strategies in demo, what would you suggest for NZ time trading Aus, Asian and London opening around the 1h and 4h timeframes.


Try the Bladerunners, mixed with the Fractal strategy, and look for breakouts after the open of Singapore. I trade a similar time myself, but rarely bother with anything before Singapore opens. There’s just not enough liquidity to give reliability before then, I find, although with experience you can spot the signs and pick up the occasional good exception to the rule.


Glad you have enjoyed the site 🙂


Hi , is this page still active ?


Active? You bet. Saw it run a Triathlon on the weekend 😉


Seriously, did you want to ask something?


Dear administrator I tried to do marketing for my trading model but you erased my posting. Never mind, I guess I will need to create my own blogs and do organic SEO.


(An amateur trader that is making 200-250pips with just 50 day trades a year)


Sam, you are correct: if you wish to do your own marketing you will need to go through the process; there’s no shortcuts.


The purpose of comments is to enable feedback and/or questions relating to the post, not to provide a platform for unsolicited and unverifiable advertisements.


This might be a long shot, but do you have any strategies you may recommend that would qualify as scalping, say on the 1., 5 or 15 minute charts. I have a long term strategy that works reasonably well but having trouble with finding a scalping strategy.


I’m looking for something that can work anytime, due to the fact that I run my own business, am an employee and go to school, so when I sit down I don’t have usually more than 1-2 hours at most to monitor the trades.


I don’t have any specific strategies that I could recommend, apart from the London close trade, but that is restricted to the London close timeframe. I did do some extensive experimentation a couple of years ago with trading off the Paleo levels on the five-minute chart, sometimes using the one minute chart for entries and exits. What you need to do is restrict your trading to a time when there is plenty of liquidity, know what the fundamentals and sentimentals are for the pair/pairs you are trading, and only trade in the direction that they indicate. I used the polarity indicator to assist me with determining the technical trend. It’s a fairly intense mode of trading, but if you have 1 to 2 hours TOTALLY UN-INTERRUPTED in which you can concentrate fully on the market, it’s certainly something worth looking into.


The important thing is, given the fact that you are stretched pretty thin with all your work, school and other commitments, that you can be alone with the market at that time, be in a relaxed state of mind, and have knowledge of exactly what is driving the market around the pairs you are trading at that time.


Hope this makes sense, and that it helps.


Best wishes with it,


What are the periods for EMA crossing and bolinger bands?


Greeting to all traders out there  The past 5 months I got involved to Forex as a way out from my job I have for roughly ten years which is coming to a dead end for several reasons (having a bad boss is very bad on its own).


I live in Greece, so I can trade Europe and USA. The time frames I’m thinking to have are 5-15-30-1h, so day trade is my starting point. My goal is to earn an average 2000 euros / month from a starting capital of a 10000 -20000 euros, with a max risk per trade of.


5% of the capital. So I’m searching for a good strategy that can meet my goals. Any suggestions?


The past 5 months I got involved to Forex as a way out from my job I have for roughly ten years which is coming to a dead end for several reasons (having a bad boss is very bad on its own).


I live in Greece, so I can trade Europe and USA. The time frames I’m thinking to have are 5-15-30-1h, so day trade is my starting point. My goal is to earn an average 2000 euros / month from a starting capital of a 10000 -20000 euros, with a max risk per trade of.


5% of the capital. So I’m searching for a good strategy that can meet my goals. Any suggestions?


I’ve done some Forex trading few years back and dropped it since I had no cash to risk/invest.


I am thinking of starting with 4000-5000EU. I will be trading in +1.00 Time zone (central EU).


I wish to gain more insight on the things you’ve mentioned as per what would be the best place to learn the ‘pip’ you mention and I have seen it before but I am not 100% sure what that is, I’ve been sort of bouncing on demos lately and doing sort of lottery predictions where I believe it will be going down or up that day, I’ve been winning every day consecutively so far, however what would you suggest for a daily earnings and having a 1.000-1.500 eu to invest on daily basis and expecting a 750-1000 eu return.


I must say I am quite a newb in the subject and any information/websites/books will be highly appreciated that could help me understand the market better and adjust a certain tactice/strategy suiting my character and analysis pattern.


Hi Rob, the best advice I can give would be to just read through the site itself, beginning with the Start Here tab. Then I would strongly suggest you get on the general list at least, by clicking on the “Stop Losing Right Now” image in the right-hand column. After that you can try any of the other things like the 10 Best Trading Strategies list. All of these lists entail a series of s that are completely free, and should give you a decent grounding to begin from.


You can Google the definition of PIP. It stands for percentage in point. As for your question regarding estimation of daily earnings, I honestly think that at this stage you don’t worry too much about that, but just concentrate on learning the basics. And definitely don’t use anything but a demo account at this stage.


Hey Erron, I’m loving the strategies you’ve put together. Can you tell me how much a pip would be worth if I made a 100 dollar trade with 50:1 leverage. Is it even worth trying to start with an 100 dollar account and grow it to a couple thousand?


Thanks for the replies!


If my maths serves me correctly each pupil would be worth $.50.


Sure, it’s well worth starting with the $100 account, but it’s a bit of a stretch to expect to grow it to a couple of thousand in a short time. But if you are finished with demo trading strategy – that is, you’re convinced it is worth trading – than you could start on a $100 account and get a feel for how it performs on a real account.


Hi, Can someone pls tell me which is the best forex trading platform, I ve been scammed a couple of times so I need to know which is the best and legit.


Zaheer Firdaus says.


I have started trading for some time, and it seems that the main problem i have is to detect retracement levels at support/resistance levels. I use fibo to estimate it but it seems when i find that reversal candle and set PO with SL, the price goes against me and hits SL. When i wait, the price then goes the trend direction and i miss out. Im not sure what i am doing wrong.


So i was reading through the Bladerunner, and it interests me as it uses price action as well. The thing that i might have missed out is that S/R level is usually at round numbers, and i never thought about 20 ema as another confluence.


My question is, with the bladerunner strategy and price action in general, How many times will a price test and retest a S/R level after a breakout before it continues on trend? And how do i gain confidence on the level of retracement that i can anticipate a price to reverse back to its original trend?


I’ll try to answer some of your questions:


> I use fibo to estimate it but it seems when i find that reversal candle and set PO with SL, the price goes against me and hits SL. When i wait, the price then goes the trend direction and i miss out. Im not sure what i am doing wrong.


– Being stopped out constantly only to see price head back in your original desired direction is usually a sign of having your stop set to close. Try widening your stops. I personally wouldn’t rely on Fibonacci for this, but rather just use swing points. Always give yourself plenty of room for price to initially retrace against you, eventually you will learn how to set tighter stops without being stopped out all the time.


>My question is, with the bladerunner strategy and price action in general, How many times will a price test and retest a S/R level after a breakout before it continues on trend?


– This is almost impossible to tell ahead of time. Even a strong support resistance level can be broken very easily if the current sentiment moves against it. I simply don’t know anyway to predict the number of retests, and I’ve never met a trader who did.


>how do i gain confidence on the level of retracement that i can anticipate a price to reverse back to its original trend?


– I’m not sure if you’re talking about entering on the retracement here? At any rate, I refer to my earlier point about being too close to the price action. Keep your risk level low, it’s better to hang on to your money and only make a small profit, than to be greedy and try to squeeze every dollar out of a move by getting your stop loss closest to the current price than it should be.


Hope this helps,


Karabo Aphane says.


Am a beginer, any info or strategy that can help? Or mento please.


Just joinh the mailing lists from the prompts, sorry, I don’t do one on one mentorship currently.


I wanna get started trading but I don’t have a lot of money, I also have no idea which platform I should use.


Hello Erron I would first of all like to say great site second of all I have been trading for a while now but to date I havent been able to equate my looses to my profits is there any advise you can give to me regarding how I can improve my overall Forex skills and assess my risks better before going into a trade.


Grateful yet unlucky Chester.


You’ve done the right thing by joining the lists associated with the site. The only other thing I would suggest at this stage is to become acquainted with the various articles around the site, and to be patient with yourself in trading. It takes some years to become consistently profitable.


Laszlo Rezmuves says.


I see, you’re helping anyone here. Maybe could you help me too?


I’ve been trading 8 months and i earn sometimes but i lose more.


Can you tell me a working strategy, i do 5 mins trading..


Honestly, i don’t want to make a big money, only ensure my livelihood.


Thank you for your answer.


All these strategies have been shown to work – for some people least, under the right conditions and according to their own trader psychological profile – but you will need to do some work on your own in testing out to find out which one works for you the best. They all work on the five-minute timeframe, some better than others, but again it will be necessary for you to do your own research.


Have you ever used a trading robot, were you can programme it to enter into trades by spotting certain indicators and pulling out of the same trades based on other indicators or pip movement?


Hi Paul, short answer is no, I’m not aware of any such beast and have not used any.


I read about them in a book, used by an FX investor in South Africa. He keeps the pragrammed “robot” from making trades during news outbrakes and has found it to be quite successful. I think Rob Booker might even use them now.


Anyways, I’m literally just starting out and I’ve been reading a lot of investment material. Im still struggling with all the termanology really but it’s coming on slowly. I figure this isn’t something you can learn in a small space of time otherwise everyone would be doing it.


My interests lie in Forex now but started with commodities trading. I’ve been trading a demo account on plus500. I’ve found that it’s useless for back testing, and they seem to set the buy value of a currency close to previous states of support and resistance. Is this generally the case with trading platforms or Is there any other trading platforms you can recommend?


I have no experience of the broker you mention. And every broker platform can be expected to be a little different, you just have to do your due diligence. I don’t recommend any particular platform these days, although I currently use IC Markets & Pepperstone, and I’m happy with both.


I’ve opened up a demo account on the IC Markets platform. It’s much better. Although it seems obvious to me that it’s it’s for the slightly more advanced trader, or more advanced than I am so to speak. But I’ll enjoy learning whilst doing.


Once you feel as though you have a system that suits. How long would suggest testing it on a demo account before go live?


A rough rule of thumb is around three months. You can check out the following post for some details that may be helpful:


let be professional here 99% of the system do not work at all cause no one have a crystal ball to where the price going to do .


i research for 5 years try so many system grrr anywhere i did male my own system or average me 100 p a day but some days do not trade cause the market look suicide..


after a very long search i did found a correlator or give me price action momentum that all i need then all my levels in place then ready to go on 5 minutes chart take one candle profit on lot size 1 then let run on 0.05 very easy.


good morning sire. i’m just about to go into forex now, and I need all the help I can get on reading charts and understanding styles. Pls help me.


Join the AuthenticFX mailing lists is the best advice I can give you. You will get invaluable information sent to you on a regular basis, completely free of charge. Just go to the website and click on any of the images around the edges to enter your details.


The bladerunner is basicly MA correct?


I am new in forex, sometime i confius myself.


Check out the actual posts on the Bladerunner (do a search for Bladerunner, if necessary) and you’ll see that it’s a bit more than trading off moving average. But yes, certainly the trend indicator used – usually the 20 EMA or more preferably the polarity indicator – is a major part of the strategy.


Introduction to the concepts of trading strategies and portfolio optimization.


A literature survey on different EC techniques used for trading strategies.


Highly valuable article on a very rich blog. Thanks for your efforts.


The strategies are really good.


Capital Street Fx says.


Thanks for Sharing Such a nice article. it’s really very helpful for me to become a successful trader.


Glad you enjoyed it!


Hey buddy, thanks for sharing this…but i cant understand why and how you can share all this info for free?


It’s a pleasure to help others. Also, I do have a couple of things for sale.


Saiful Yusoff says.


Awesome website you have here. I am a newbie with only 6 months experience in Forex. I have lost more than $2000 during that duration. What is the best indicators out there that I can purchase/try for a trader like me that using D1 timeframe and with small capital of $50?


Thanks, really glad you appreciate the website. Having said that, with only six months experience,, I can only advise you to stop trading with real money until you are consistently profitable. I notice you haven’t joined any other mailing lists available through the site. Can I suggest you check them out? They have a heap of useful advice for beginners like yourself.


The best indicator hands down as far as I’m concerned is the Paleo indicator. You can check it out by doing a search on the site, or having a look at it over on AuthenticFXShop. Next best would be perhaps the polarity indicator.


Need some help, running in losses and currently in Hedging position. Trying to get out of it but unable to. Can you help me out?


2) Get the Price Action Engine.


izzat ikhwan says.


hi, im new with forex and interested in it. so, can i get tips and stratergy to grow my knowledge and profit day by day. ty.


well, you have joined my major mailing lists so that would be the best place to start. Best luck with it, let me know if you have any specific questions.


Abdur Razzaq says.


Hello Erron, do you have a perfect scalping indicator which dont repaint.


LR Channel 4H Trading strategy.


The LR Channel 4H Trading strategy was developed in 2014.


LR Channel 4H Trading strategy is based on the trend-momentum of the regression channel. Just as the name suggests it was developed for use with the H4 time frame.


The trading strategy is also limited to trading the following currency pairs: AUD/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/JPY, UDF/CHF, AUD/USD, USD/CAD, GBP/JPY and AUD/NZD.


The LR Channel 4H Trading strategy employs a number of indicators which include;


Exponential moving average (period 4). Exponential moving average (period 72). Exponential moving average (period 200). Support and resistance. Sinergy Bar. Enlight LR Channel (38, 5). En light LR Channel (0, 2). Dynamic Zone Stochastic (14, 3, 3, 18).


All these indicators are combined into one template instead of loading each of the indicators individually onto the trading chart.


Fig.1. The LR Channel 4H Trading strategy.


Guidelines for using the LR Channel 4H Trading strategy.


The trader should at all times ensure that he or she is trading in the direction of the trend of the market prices.


If there is an uptrend the trader can only open long positions (buy orders) and when the market price trend is downwards, the trader should only open short positions (sell orders).


Long positions are opened at the bottoms of the channel while the sell positions are opened at the tops of the channel.


Placing orders using the LR Channel 4H Trading strategy.


Conditions for opening a long position.


For the trader to place buy (open a long position), then the flowing conditions should be satisfied:


The EMA 4 should be above the EMA 72 and above the EMA 200. The Up market LR Channel should be pointing up The market price should touch or break the lower band.


That means that the Dynamic Zone Stochastic should break the lower band and re-enter into channel while moving upwards.


The market prices should be above the formed resistance level. Then the color of the Heiken Ashi should be Blue. Conditions for opening a short position.


For the trader to place sell (open a short position), then the flowing conditions should be satisfied:


The EMA 4 should be below the EMA 72 and below the EMA 200. The Up market LR Channel should be pointing up The market price should touch or break the upper band.


That means that the Dynamic Zone Stochastic should break the upper band and re-enter into channel while moving downwards.


The market prices should be below the formed resistance level.


Then the color of the Heiken Ashi should be Blue.


The trader should learn to close the orders when the colour of the Synergy candle changes.


Else, the trader can use a profit target of 60 or 100 points. But for the EUR/CHF, the profit target should be 20 – 25 points.


The stop losses should be placed on the previous swing.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения